RGK Center Lecture Series
Frances Moody Newman Distinguished Lecture Series
The Frances Moody Newman Distinguished Lecture Series promotes philanthropy, community service, and volunteerism by inviting philanthropic leaders to The University of Texas at Austin to discuss how their personal values, beliefs, and experiences shape the mission and method of their giving.
The Moody Foundation of Galveston was created for the perpetual benefit of present and future generations of Texans by William Lewis Moody, Jr. and his wife, Libby Shearn Moody.
The RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service initiated this lecture series to explore how personal motivations and experiences inspire giving. The lecture series uses the theme of My Values, My Philanthropy to provide a public forum for discussing how individual values shape the philanthropic and nonprofit landscape.
David La Piana, Founder and President of La Piana Consulting.
Blake Mycoskie, founder and Chief Shoe Giver of TOMS Shoes
Craig Newmark, founder of Craigslist.org
Linda Biehl, co-founder of the Amy Biehl Foundation
Global Civil Society Lecture Series
Hosted by RGK Center Professor Joshua Busby, the Global Civil Society Speaker Series launched in spring 2007 to showcase individuals with practical experience and timely research in the world of international NGOs, philanthropy and advocacy.
- Patrick Meier, Director of Crisis Mapping, Ushahidi
- Paul Rice, President and CEO of Fair Trade USA
- Susan Comfort, VP of Philanthropy at KaBOOM!
- Steve Hollingworth, COO of CARE
- Raj Kumar, President of Devex
- David Lane, President and CEO of ONE
- Matt Flannery, co-founder and CEO of Kiva.org
- Sonal Shah, member of Google.org's Global Development Team
- Garry Jenkins, Professor of Law at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- David Gartner, Policy Director, Global AIDS Alliance
- Lisa Jordan, Deputy Director, Ford Foundation