Portfolio Program in Nonprofit Studies
Graduate Portfolio programs provide opportunities for students to obtain credentials in a cross-disciplinary academic area of inquiry while completing a masters or doctoral degree at The University of Texas. The Portfolio Program in Nonprofit Studies offers courses focused on philanthropy, volunteerism, nonprofit management and social entrepreneurship.
From the Nonprofit Portfolio program, students may expect:
- Community and Professional Development Opportunities: meet colleagues who share a passion for the nonprofit sector at social events, lectures, workshops, and colloquia.
- Cross-disciplinary Learning with a focus in Nonprofit Studies: students may take courses outside their home department on the approved course list, such as in Social Work, Business, Communication, Community and Regional Planning, Sociology and Information.
- Academic Recognition: completion of the Nonprofit Portfolio Program is certified on students’ official UT transcripts.
- Career Advancement: receive notice of volunteer, internship and job opportunities on the listserv.
With planning and the use of electives, students typically fulfill the requirements of the Portfolio Program without extending the time necessary to complete their graduate degree program.
- Complete 4 courses (12 credit hours) from the li